Greetings from the Paper and Paperboard Packaging Environmental Council!
Thank you for supporting PPEC and our mission to promote the Canadian paper-based packaging industry’s environmental sustainability story. Some of the highlights of our work over the past year include:
- The release of PPEC’s exclusive 2020 Recycled Content Survey, which shows the average recycled content used to make paper-based packaging products in Canada has increased to 82%, an excellent result that shows recycled content is a key component of our industry’s circular economy.
- Continuing to advocate for fairness in legislated paper packaging recycling and Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) programs across Canada, participating in government consultations, preparing submissions, and monitoring provinces considering new EPR programs.
- Participating in a successful national media campaign to raise awareness about PPEC and promote the environmental sustainability of our industry.
- Being featured in the trade publication, Recycling Product News for PPEC’s important commentary about how media articles about paper-based packaging must recognize the environmental attributes of our products.
- The creation of PPEC’s new infographic to help explain our industry’s a circular economy approach to managing paper-based packaging, which are continually collected and recycled, allowing them to be remade into new paper packaging products again and again.
- And blog posts about Sustainable Forest Management, Providing Clarity on The Ottawa Citizen’s Cardboard Recycling Article, and an Ontario Blue Box Update, amongst others.
Looking ahead to 2022, we are hoping to accomplish even more, and will continue to work to promote the environmental sustainability success story of the Canadian paper-based packaging industry.
Thanks again for your support and best wishes for a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season from all of us at PPEC!
PPEC Holiday Closing Dates:
Please note the PPEC Office will be closed December 27, 2021 – January 3, 2022 for the holiday season. The office will reopen on January 4, 2022.