On behalf of the team at the Paper and Paperboard Packaging Environmental Council (PPEC), we would like to take this opportunity to say Happy Holidays and thank you for your unwavering support over the last year.
As we wrap up a very busy year, we wanted to reach out and share a few of the positive actions that PPEC took throughout 2022:
- Our blog continues to be a go-to resource for information and analysis on some of the most topical issues facing the paper packaging industry. This year, PPEC examined issues like sustainably managed forests, the impact of Canada’s Ban on Single-Use Plastics, the latest biennial Waste Management Survey, the inaugural Circular Economy Month, and so much more.
- PPEC also worked to help enhance the way the paper packaging industry’s story is told by responding to media articles with more accurate and fulsome information, including responding to a New York Times Magazine article and providing the paper packaging industry’s point of view in response to the Toronto Star article on the Ontario Blue Box program.
- PPEC launched a new tool focused on answering some of the most frequently asked questions about paper packaging and the environment.
- Our industry’s positive circular economy story was profiled in an article published online and a printed insert in the National Post.
- PPEC continued to be a strong advocate to government in representing the members on key environmental issues, including proposed changes to paper and packaging recycling regulations and programs. As PPEC continued to advocate for fairness in legislated paper packaging recycling programs, we participated in government consultations, provided industry’s feedback in numerous submissions, and monitored ongoing changes across the country.
We’re excited about 2023, and we look forward to continuing our work as the trusted and credible environmental voice for the Canadian paper-based packaging industry. Together, we can promote the industry’s environmental sustainability achievements and our strong, relevant, and impactful circular economy story.
Thank you once again for your support and best wishes for a happy, healthy, and safe holiday season.
PPEC Holiday Closure
In celebration of the holiday season, the PPEC office will be closed December 26-30, 2022. The office will reopen on January 2, 2023.