Join PPEC and become part of the Environmental Voice for Canada’s Paper Packaging Industry
Join the Paper and Paperboard Packaging Environmental Council (PPEC), the trusted and credible environmental voice for the Canadian paper packaging industry. For more than 30 years, PPEC has promoted the industry’s environmental sustainability achievements and has been a strong environmental advocate on behalf of its members.
Timely analysis and access to the latest news and research
Through ongoing monitoring of environmental issues and news impacting the Canadian paper packaging industry, PPEC helps its member companies stay ahead of key policy and industry issues through its well-known blog, members-only monthly newsletter, Infosheets, our exclusive Recycled Content survey, and other technical briefs.
A strong and united voice advocating for the paper packaging industry.
Together, PPEC members have a strong and united industry voice raising their concerns and providing solutions to federal, provincial, and territorial governments. PPEC represents members and the Canadian paper packaging industry in government consultations and discussions on Extended Producer Responsibility, recycling, and other regulatory and industry issues.
A trusted and credible resource helping to share the positive environmental attributes and the circular economy story of paper packaging
PPEC is the go-to resource focused on promoting the environmental attributes of paper-based packaging. PPEC promotes the industry's long-standing circular economy, works to corrects misinformation, and raises awareness through its blog, social media, media outreach, and exclusive member resources including our Fact Sheets and Circular Economy infographic.
PPEC has four membership categories:
- Packaging mill membership is open to any mill which produces linerboard, medium, boxboard or kraft paper.
- Fees are based on quarterly Canadian shipments (using Metric Tonnes as the measurement).
- Packaging converter membership is open to any integrated or independent converter using corrugated or boxboard materials to produce finished packaging products.
- Annual fees are based on the number of plants/facilities owned by the member, currently at $1,220/plant.
- Corrugating members who own corrugating machines
- Member dues are received as levies through the CCCA.
- Associate membership is open to any supplier of goods or services for our Converter and Mill members.
WHAT OUR MEMBERS ARE SAYING
"We have been a member since we entered the Canadian marketplace because we recognized the value and relevance of PPEC's work. PPEC provides great information and education to the public and industry in the form of newsletters, training sessions, media report rebuttals, and dissecting environmental facts." -- PPEC packaging mill member
"We joined PPEC because of the need for representation on environmental issues. Supporting PPEC is not about fee for service, it's about buying a ticket that allows ups to enter the stage and have an opportunity to educate, promote, and protect our industry by showcasing its true environmental merits." -- PPEC packaging converter member
QUESTIONS ABOUT MEMBERSHIP
Contact our team today to discuss the benefits of membership with PPEC.
Subscribe to our communications
Sign up to receive PPEC's blog and updates.